I saw someone on the Food Network make some churros so I thought
I'd veganize it (like I do with all their meals) or try and find
a recipe and I finally did so here it easy.
Original recipe yield: 4 servings.
* 1 cup water
* 2 1/2 tablespoons white sugar
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
* 1 cup all-purpose flour
* 2 quarts oil for frying
* 1/2 cup white sugar, or to taste
* 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine water, 2 1/2 tablespoons sugar, salt and 2 tablespoons vegetable oil. Bring to a boil and remove from heat. Stir in flour until mixture forms a ball.
2. Heat oil for frying in deep-fryer or deep skillet to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Pipe strips of dough into hot oil using a pastry bag. Fry until golden; drain on paper towels.
3. Combine 1/2 cup sugar and cinnamon. Roll drained churros in cinnamon and sugar mixture.
I made these a couple of min. ago and they came out wicked good! If you only have
brown sugar or prefer to use brown sugar you can do that instead. I promise it
will taste really good regardless of what you use. I actually made more than 4
and it didn't take me 10 min. I also didn't use that much oil as suggested. Just
use as much as you need to cover the bottom of the pot and then some.
Oh and for the people who don't know what churros are here's a pic to refresh your memory.