Vegetarian Chili Bake
- 1 bag corn chips or crackers
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 1/2 cups cooked red kidney beans, rinsed
- 1 1/4 cups mixed red and green capsicum, chopped
- 1 1/4 cups green beans, chopped
- 1/2 cups corn kernels
- 1/4 cup water
- 420g (about a 15 oz) can crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried chili flakes (use less if you like a mild chili)
- salt & black pepper to taste
Preheat oven at 350F/175C.
Heat oil in a pan and cook garlic and onion together for a few minutes. Remove from heat.
Place corn chips or crackers in a baking dish.
In a large bowl, mix together remaining ingredients until evenly distributed. Taste and adjust seasonings accordingly. Spoon into baking dish over corn chips.
Place in oven, uncovered, and bake for 30-40 minutes.
Note: You can easily make this dish hours beforehand, then reheat it when needed. I would say the flavour even improves when served this way.
Recipe cross-posted to vegrecipes