Oh sure, I love cooking. But when I'm busy/hungry/tired/lazy, it's nice to have a convenience meal I can throw together in 15 minutes or less.
- Veggie burger patty (i used Licks)
- A can of vegan mushroom gravy
- A potato!
- A scoop of frozen "vegetable medly" (mine contains carrots, corn, peas, lima beans and green beans)
1. Scrub the potato. Remove any eyes or green spots or other icky blemishes. Poke it all over with a fork, and toss it in the microwave for 12 minutes.
2. Heat a bit of oil in a frying pan, throw the veggie burger on, put a lid on the pan and let it cook for 3 or 4 minutes. Flip it over and do the other side. Then pour half the mushroom gravy over it, turn the heat down to low, cover it and let it sit.
3. Put the frozen veggies in a bowl with some water, throw a lid on it (an inverted plate will do) and stick that in the microwave with the potato when the potato only has like 5 minutes left. (Or longer if you're using lots of veggies.) Drain the veggies when done, add margarine, salt, pepper, if you want. (I didn't bother. Mine just got smothered in gravy anyhow.)
Okay good! Now put the veggie burger on a plate, add the potato, cut it open, pour the mushroom gravy out of the pan over the whole lot, add the veggies, and voila. A drink and a slice of bread and you're good to go!
(Man I am LAZY LAZY LAZY. But it could be worse. I could have sat there with a bowl of hot gravy, dipping slice after slice of bread in it. Oh, it's been done before. I've traumatised many a room mate with my eating habits.)
(....okay, okay, i do that with creamed corn sometimes too....now my friend can never eat creamed corn again....)