Faux Nugget Success!
Faux Chicken Nuggets
- 1 block firm tofu
- 1 can Vegetable broth -or- Braggs
- 1 box chicken-style Shake'n'Bake
- 1 cup vegan mayonaise (I used Nayonaise)
- Drain tofu well for about 15 minutes
- Cut into bite-size peices and place in a ziplock bag
- Freeze tofu for about 4-5 hours, then thaw
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Marinate peices in vegetable broth or Braggs for about 30-45 minutes
- Put Shake'n'Bake in the provided bag
- Stir vegan mayonaise until it's a bit more soupy
- Coat each piece of tofu evenly with vegan mayonaise
- Place coated tofu in the bag and shake to cover entirely
- Put tofu on a lightly oiled baking pan
- Bake at 450 degrees for about 15-20 minutes, turning once 1/2 way
- Serve with ketchup or whatever you feel like!
They turned out so well! I marinated some in Braggs and some in vegetable broth. I think I liked the vegetable broth better, but there really wasn't much of a difference. AHHH! So good.