Awesome Vegan Chili
1 can black beans
1 can kidney beans
1 can tomato juice
1 can plain diced tomatoes
1 diced onion
1/2 diced jalapeno
cracked black pepper
1. Sautee onion in pan with olive oil (add some garlic powder or a dash of chili powder if you want)
2. Drain beans and put them in a large pot with tomatoes and tomato juice.
3. Just before onions have browned add jalapenos and cook for a few minutes.
4. Add onions/jalapenos to pot. Add desired amount of seasonings.
5. Bring to boil, turn down heat, simmer for 30-40 minutes. ("season to taste")
* This made very spicy chili. If you want it to be milder, reduce or eliminate jalapeno and/or black pepper.
* Other types of peppers or beans can be added/substituted. (green peppers, pinto beans, lentils)