* 2 cups all-purpose flour
* 1 egg, beaten
* 2 teaspoons dried parsley
* 2 teaspoons garlic powder
* 2 teaspoons dried oregano
* salt and pepper to taste
* 1 cup beer
* 3 large onions, sliced into rings
* 1 cup oil for frying
1. In a shallow bowl combine flour, egg, parsley, garlic powder, oregano, salt and pepper. Gradually add beer, stirring, until a thick batter forms. Add more or less beer depending on the desired consistency of the batter.
2. In a heavy frying pan heat oil (adjust amount, depending on the size of your pan, so that you have a couple of inches of oil) over medium-high heat. When oil is hot, dip onions in batter and fry, turning once to brown evenly on both sides. Drain on paper towels.
Question is: For the egg, could I use ENER-G? I'm really craving some good ol' beer battered, greasy fried onion rings. Or, if anyone has other tried and true recipes, that would be cool too.