4 1/2 cups of peeled and sliced apples (I like gala or pink lady, but any semi-sweet apple will work)
1/4 cup water
3/4 cup unbleached white flour
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp salt
3/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup margarine
- Heat oven to 400.
- Grease an 8" square pan and spread apples in the pan.
- Sprinkle apples with the water and set the pan aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix everything else other than the margarine.
- Once combined, use a pastry blender, fork, or whatever you have to mash in the margarine and make the dry mix into a big bowl of sugar-cinnamon-crumbs.
- Sprinkle the crumbs evenly over the top of the apples, using all of the mix.
- Bake 35-40 minutes or until no longer runny.