12"x9" baking pan
Canola oil cooking spray (I just used straight up margarine - cooking sprays BAD)
1/4 cup canola oil
1/2 cup maple sugar (I used turbinado and that was fine)
3/4 cup Mori-Nu Lite Tofu (firm), pureed
1/2 cup apple sauce
1/2 cup light molasses
1/2 cup maple syrup
1 tablespoon orange or lemon juice (I used orange)
3 cups cake flour
2 tablespoons baking soda
3/4 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons ground ginger
1 teasoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup maple syrup
4 tablesppons unrefined cane sugar (turbinado again)
1/4 cup finely chopped candied or crystalized ginger (crystalized - HELLO)
1. Preheat oven to 350, grease and flour the pan.
2. Whisk together wet ingredients in a large bowl.
3. Sift dry infredients in a bowl.
4. Make a well in the dry ingredients and pour in the wet.
5. Mix dry & wet until blended, don't overmix.
6. Pour into pan and cook for 30-40 minutes, until tester comes out clean.
7. Allow cake to cool for 30 minutes and then glaze. Cut into squares and serve.
1. Combine sugar and syrup in sauce pan and bring to a boil.
2. Pour over cooled cake and spread evenly.
3. Garnish with crystalized ginger.
Calories - 249
Protein - 3.1g
Carbs - 48.6g
Fat - 5g
Cholesterol - 0mg