To make Fudge Custard you will need:
1tbs of cornflour (cornstarch)
2/3 of a cup of soya milk
1tbs of vegan margarine
a few drops of vanilla essence (extract)
2-3tsp of golden syrup*
1/4oz of vegan chocolate
1. Mix cornflour (cornstarch) with a little milk, then stir in the rest, transfer to a saucepan, add margarine, and stir until thickened. Alternatively, if mixed into microwave-save measuring bowl this can be heated in the microwave instead, stirring every 30 seconds or so until thickended.
2. Remove from the heat and add the vanilla.
3. Spread the bottom of a small saucepan with a little margarine and the heat the syrup until golden brown, taking care that it does not burn. Stir in quickly into the white sauce.
4. Transfer the mixture to a small serving bowl; cool, then refrigerate.
5. Grate the chocolate and sprinkle it over the top before serving.
* I don't know if corn syrup, which is much thinner than golden syrup, would work in this recipe.