Lemon Pecan Butterballs
"These delicate little cookies have just a hint of chocolate, and literally melt in your mouth."
3/4 C flour
1/4 C nonalkalized cocoa powder
1/2 C toasted pecans, finely chopped
1/2 C "butter"
1/4 C powdered (confectionary) sugar
1 T lemon juice
1 t lemon zest
3 T poedered sugar
1 T alkalized cocoa powder
1/4 t grounf nutmeg
1. Preheat the oven to 350F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or lightly coat with "butter" and flour.
2. Sift together the flour and cocoa powder. Blend in the pecans. Set aside.
3. Cream the "butter" using and electric mixer on a medium-high speed. Add the sugar, lemon juice, and lemon zest, one at a time, scraping the sides of the bowl before each addition.
4. Adjust your mixer to a low speed. Slowly add flour mixture until lightly blended.
5. Sift together remaining powdered sugar, cocoa powder, and nutmeg.
6. For bite size cookies, use a scoop with a 1-inch diameter or teaspoon. Roll scoops of the batter into balls, place on prepared cookie sheets and bake for 12 to 14 minutes. Roll in coating mixture while still warm and place on wire racks to cool.
Makes about 60 bite sized cookies.
I'm on a raw kick right now, but I cannot wait to try these!!