- 8 T. margarine (I used olive oil based; no trans fats!)
- 1/2 c. brown sugar
- 1/2 c. white sugar
- 3/4 c. cashew butter
- 1 t. vanilla extract
- 1 "egg" (I used Ener-G egg replacer: 2 T water to 1.5 t. powdered replacer)
- 3/4 t. baking soda
- 1 c. flour
- 2 c. chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 325 degrees farenheit
- Blend margarine and sugars until creamy. Add cashew butter and continue to blend into a creamy consistency.
- Add vanilla extract. Blend some more.
- Slowly blend in flour until just mixed in.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Roll into 2" diameter balls. Space about 3 inches apart on a cookie sheet. Flatten with a fork. Periodically dipping the fork in water will help to prevent sticking.
- Bake for 12 to fifteen minutes, or until golden. Rotate baking sheet once halfway through. </ul>
Some day, I'll think to take pictures before inhaling my results. I have it on the authority of my co-workers (especially my supervisor, that came by three times) that they are quite tasty.