Cooking spray (olive oil's nice if you have it)
1 small eggplant (aubergine), unpeeled and cut into 1/2" cubes
4 cloves garlic, minced
8 oz. linguine
4 no-salt-added canned plum tomatoes, drained
1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
2 scallions (white part and 1" of the green), chopped
2 Tbsp. dry bread crumbs
1 Tbsp. olive oil
2 Tbsp. grated Parmesan "cheese"
1) Preheat oven to 425°F. Lightly coat a large baking pan with cooking spray.
2) Spread the eggplant in the pan and sprinkle with garlic. Roast until tender and golden brown, about 20 minutes.
3) Meanwhile, cook linguine to al dente, following package directions. Drain and keep warm.
4) Over a small bowl, cut each tomato crosswise into 4 pieces, reserving any juices. Add the parsley, scallions, bread crumbs, and oil. Toss well to combine.
5) When pasta is done, toss the drained pasta with the tomato mixture. Place in a pasta serving bowl and top with the roasted eggplant and garlic. Sprinkle with Parmesan and serve.