2 cups dry Textured Vegetable Protein (or Textured Soy Protein)
2 cups chopped celery
2 cups chopped onion
2 cups fine bread crumbs
3 cups veggie broth
2 Tbsp tamari or soy sauce
3 Tbsp margarine
1 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp ginger
1/4 tsp thyme
1/4 tsp cloves
2 10" pie crusts (bottom crusts and top)
1. Heat veggie broth and mix in dry TVP and soy sauce. Let soak while continuing.
2. In a large pan, melt margarine and sauté onions for approximately 5 minutes. Add seasonings and celery and cook for 5 more minutes.
3. By now the TVP will have soaked up the broth to about 5 cups. Put rehydrated TVP, bread crumbs and onion/celery mixture into a big bowl and mix (adjust to taste).
4. Spoon filling into prepared pie crusts and place top crusts, seal edges and cut vent holes with a fork or sharp knife.
5. Bake at 450 for 15 minutes, then reduce to 375 for an additional 30-40 minutes.