Millet Cheese Cake (Soy & Wheat Free)
1 Cup Millet
1 tsp. salt
2/3 cup cashews
2/3 cup of lemon juice
2/3 cup maple syrup
- Cook millet in 4 cups of water until water is absorbed but millet is not yet dry.
- Cool, and blend all ingredients until very smooth. It's thick, so use a food processor.
- Pour into a pie plate and refrigerate.
- Top with the fruit topping
12 oz Apple juice concentrate (not diluted)
4 Tbsp Cornstarch mixed with 2 Tbsp of HOT water
16 oz Frozen berries (I used strawberries)
- Heat berries in apple juice until thawed
- Blend in the blender until smooth (or leave it a bit chunky)
- Put it back on the heat
- Mix the corn starch and hot water until there are no chunks and add it to the sauce
- Bring it to a boil while stirring constantly, then take it off the heat and stir.
You could use a crust for the cake, but it's already very heavy so I left it out. The fruit topping turned out really great.
I got this from here with a few variations.