First of all, do you think this recipe would work in cupcakes?
* 1 (12 ounce) package silken tofu, undrained
* 2 tablespoons safflower oil
* 1 pinch salt
* 2 1/3 cups turbinado sugar
* 1 cup cocoa powder
* 1/3 cup instant decaffeinated coffee powder
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1 cup whole wheat flour
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
2. Using an electric mixer, blend tofu until creamy. Add oil, salt, sugar, cocoa, coffee and vanilla and blend well.
3. When sugar is dissolved into the tofu mixture remove the bowl from the electric mixer and whisk in flour.
4. Pour batter into a greased 9x13 inch baking pan.
5. Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until the cake pulls away from the side of the pan. The bars will appear glossy, almost underdone. Cool in the pan and when cool cut into bars using a clean, wet knife.
And if so, should I use paper liners, or not? My cupcake tin is non-stick.
(Then again, I suppose I could just make bars like the recipe suggests...)
If not, any suggestions? I have a package of dessert tofu I'd like to use, and an added restriction is that it has to be as low in fat/oil as possible. I have flax seed so I can do the egg replacer thing with it, and I have most other basic ingredients.
Thanks a bazillion!