2 Cups of Soya Milk (UK cup is 1.20095 times bigger than the US cup)
9 oz. Soya Marg.
24 oz. Sugar
2 tblsp. Vanilla Essence
12 oz. dried Soya Milk
* Put the milk, marge and sugar into a thick saucepan and heat, without stirring, on a low heat until it bubbles all over and triples in size.
* Keep at this heat for 2 min (if you have a sugar thermometer, it should be 235 F./112.8 C.)
* Add the vanilla essence and the dried soya milk and beat till creamy.
* Pour into baking trays roughly the size of 48 mars bars and freeze for an hour.
850g/1 3/4 lb sugar
300mls/ 1/2 pint soya milk
120g/ 4oz soya margarine (this is better for a more 'buttery' flavour)
2 tsp vanilla extract
* Oil a square tin ( about 18cm/7 inch).
* Pour the soya milk into a pan and slowly bring to the boil. * Add the sugar and the soya margarine and heat slowly, stirring constantly until the sugar is dissolved and the margarine has melted.
* Bring to the boil and cover the pan. Boil for 2 minutes, then uncover and continue to boil stirring occasionally until it reaches soft ball stage (it is sort of essential that you use a sugar thermometer for this...it should read 115-116C/238 to 240F).
* Take off the heat and stir in the vanilla extract and leave to cool for 5 minutes. Beat until it begins to lose its gloss and is thick.
*Pour into the tin and allow to cool before cutting into squares.
12 oz. Sugar
12 oz. Soya Marge
250 ml Soya cream
3 tbsp Golden Syrup
* Put everything in a thick bottomed saucepan and heat on a low heat till it bubbles all over and triples in size
* Keep at this temperature for 4-5 minutes, stirring constantly.
* Pour the toffee over the nougat and freeze for another hour.
* Cut into mars bar size pieces and re-freeze until the toffee is solid (this can take a couple of days.)
* Melt 1200g of vegan chocolate in a microwave if you have one (3 minutes full power per 100g) or place into a bowl above a saucepan of boiling water till melted.
* Coat the bars with chocolate and place onto a greased tray.
The site's also a wonderful resource for ingredients, foods, and products for UK vegans.