Lasagna with Spinach and Olives
- Preheat over 375F (190C)
- 13-by 9-inch (3L) baking dish,
This recipe is based on the recipe from 125 best Vegan recipes by Maxine Effenson Chuck and Beth Gurney. I changed it little bit :) And I cooked smaller portion as I don’t need ‘Serves 6 to 8’, however, I write the whole recipe with all ingredients for you.
1 lb lasagna noodles
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 tbsp olive oil
cups rice milk
5 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 tsp dried rosemary leaves,
1,5 lbs silken tofu (extra-firm or firm), pureed
oil-cured black olives, pitted and quartered
salt and black pepper
package (each 10 oz/300 g) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
2 cups tomato sauce (you can use prepared version)
1. Cook lasagna noodles according to package direction. I cooked Spinach Lasagna Noodles
2. White sauce: In a pot over medium heat, combine flour with olive oil.
Cook, stirring with a wooden spoon, for 30 sec. Add rice milk and cooked stirring 2 minutes. Stir in garlic and rosemary (I didn’t use rosemary and I did use fresh chopped garlic) for 30 sec. Remove from heat an set aside.
3. In a bowl, combine pureed tofu, olives an 1/3 cup of White sauce. Season with salt and pepper.
4. In another bowl combine spinach with 1/3 cup of White sauce. Season with salt and pepper.
5. In a third bowl, mix diced tomatoes with ½ cup of tomato sauce. I didn’t do it. I use tomato sauce without it.
6. Spread remaining tomato sauce over bottom of prepared baking dish.
Cover with one-third of the lasagna noodles. I use just two peaces of lasagna noodles to make more layers
Spread tofu mixture evenly over noodles
Cover with half of remaining lasagna noodles. Spread spinach mixture.
I didn’t cover with half of noodles as I mentioned before I wanted to make more layers. But it’s up to you. I made a ‘house’ interleaving noodles and mixtures :)
Top with remaining noodles, spread remaining White sauce, using small spoon dot dish with tomato mixture.
7. Cover with foil and bake 35-40 min. Let cool for 5-10 min before serving.