I'm typing the recipe as I plan on making it- I'll add a link to the original at the end.
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 tsp. ground cumin
1 T vegetable oil
1 (46 oz.) can tomato juice
2 C chopped fresh tomatoes
2 avocados, cored and diced
juice of 1 lime (about 1/4 C)
3 T chopped fresh cilantro
hot pepper sauce, to taste
tortilla chips (I'm using baked)
1 C cheeze, shredded (garnish)
1. in a big pot, over low heat, saute the garlic and cumin in hot oil for 1 minute (don't let the garlic brown).
2. add in the tomato juice, fresh tomatoes, avocado, lime juice, and cilantro; stir to combine.
3. let simmer for several minutes.
4. add hot sauce, salt, and pepper to taste.
5. to serve, put broken up tortilla chips in shallow soup bowls; add soup and top with cheeze.
I found several variations while I was searching but chose to modify this one because it sounded so simple and yummy. it's cold and rainy here, so it's a perfect night for soup!