This is the first time I ever posted something I made but I thought I would share since this was good and eaten tonight by vegetarians and non-vegatarians...:)
1/2 bag of Morningstar Farms Crumbles
4 Morningstar Farms Sausage Patties
3 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 large sweet onion, chopped
4 carrots, chopped small
2 parsnips, chopped small
1 tsp fresh thyme
1 Tbsp chopped parsley
1 Tbsp plain flour
1 c vegetable stock (or 1 vegetable cube and 1 cup water)
2 Tbsp tomato puree
Salt and Pepper
2 lbs potatoes
1 Tbsp Soy Margarine
1. Heat the 1 Tbsp olive oil and fry the onions for about 5 minutes and then the chopped carrots and continue frying for an additional 5 minutes. Then remove the Vegetables from the frying pan.
2. Add in the remaining oil and heat the crumbles and sausage patties. As the patties heat up you will want to chop them up into small pieces. Add the thyme, parsley and add the vegetables back in.
3. Stir in the flour and gradually add in the vegetable stock/broth to the mixture. Then add the tomato puree and reduce the heat. Allow the mixture to cook for 10 minutes. Transfer the mixture to a cassarole dish.
4. Peel and boil the potatoes and sprinkle with salt. After about 25 minutes the potatoes should be ready to mash up. Add the butter in while mashing.
5. Put the mashed potatoes on top of the mixture spreading evenly. Bake until the top is a nice golden brown and crispy on top.