200g digestive biscuits (or graham crackers)
1 tub Tofutti Better Than Cream Cheese (which really is as they say it is)
170g tofu (The recipe specifies soft tofu, but my healthfood store was out so I just used regular old tofu.)
1 Tbsp vegetable oil
1/3rd cup caster sugar (very fine grained so that it dissolves easily)
125g chocolate (I used Green and Blacks espresso 70% dark chocolate)
1 tsp vanilla extract
Dash of lemon juice (optional)
12 medium cupcakes (about 2 inch diameter)
1. Insert paper cupcake cups into cupcake tin.
2. Crush digestive biscuits and mix with margarine.
3. Firmly compact the crust mixture into the bottom (only the bottom) of the cupcake cups.
4. Melt chocolate in a double-boiler over medium heat. (I used a Pyrex bowl that fit into a saucepan filled with water. The bowl sits in the water but does not touch the bottom of the pan.) The water should simmer but not boil.
5. Blend tofu, melted chocolate, vegetable oil, lemon juice, and vanilla extract in a blender/food processer until smooth.
6. Thoroughly mix chocolate mixture with cream cheese.
7. Evenly distribute mixture amongst cupcake cups.
8. Chill overnight.