okay kiddos, here's how i did it:
i used the post-punk kitchen gingerbread cookies (check out that link for another cute cookie photo - she decorated hers like little punks :))
and this icing, with various food colourings added to it;
* 1 cup confectioners' sugar
* 2 - 4 tablespoons of soymilk or water (you'll have to play to get the right consistency)
* 2 teaspoons light corn syrup (or maple syrup!)
* 1/4 teaspoon almond extract (or 1 tsp vanilla! mmm)
* assorted food coloring
1. In a small bowl, stir together confectioners' sugar and milk until smooth. Beat in corn syrup and almond extract until icing is smooth and glossy. If icing is too thick, add more corn syrup.
2. Divide into separate bowls, and add food colorings to each to desired intensity. Dip cookies, or paint them with a brush. (note: i had the best success using a spoon to spread the icing on, and using an icing bag to pipe on details)
This has been x-posted to kejlina and veganfoodpics.
So, I apologise if this shows up on your f-listy a few times.