what you need:
- one brick of extra firm tofu...preferebly one that isn't airy. i get a hand-pressed one at the local health market but it is packaged. basically i don't recommend nasoya. white wave should work or one of a similar texture (though white wave is owned by a dairy company)
- mellow white miso paste
- hot water
- brewer's yeast
- two small lemons (juiced)
- olive oil
- garlic powder
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups tepid water
- 1 packet active dry yeast
- sauce (storebought or your own creation)
- shiitake mushrooms chopped (or your favourite kind)
- black olives chopped
- sundried tomatoes chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic chopped
- 1/5 package of gimme lean sausage style
the night before you plan on making the pizza dissolve some miso paste in hot water (not boiling!) and then place the tofu in (after pressing out as much water as possible...however it is you do this), making sure it covers the entire brick. let this sit in the fridge overnight. in the morning remove the tofu but there is no reason to discard of the broth. you can drink this or add some other tofu and seaweed for a quick miso soup.
bake the tofu in the oven at 400 for about 40 minutes turning once. it will form a crispy skin. let the tofu cool and then grate using a cheese grater (to get shreds). place this in a bowl and mix with lemon juice, garlic powder, olive oil, and brewer's yeast let that sit in the fridge while you prepare everything else.
mix the 1 1/2 cups water with the packet of yeast. then add 3 cups of flour, more if it is still sticky. knead and then let sit atleast half an hour. i let mine sit for four hours. the longer you let it sit the better your dough would be.
after it has sat for a while, knead once more and let sit while you chop up the veggies and sautee them in a frying pan over med-low heat in some olive oil. let everything get relatively soft.
spread the dough to fill a pizza pan (dust yr hands with flour so it will not stick) and brush with olive oil.
poke all over with a fork and then place in an oven at 375
once it has started to bake, add the sauce and continue to bake. shortly after you can add the shredded tofu and veggies and 'sausage'. bake until the crust is as baked as you prefer