I'm not totally sure how to go about veganizing some of it, though.
The recipe is from here but I'll add it under the cut too...
***Bottom Layer ***
* 1/2 cup unsalted butter (European style cultured)
* 1/4 cup sugar
* 5 tablespoons cocoa
* 1 egg beaten
* 1 1/4 cup graham wafer crumbs
* 1/2 cup finely chapped almonds
* 1 cup coconut
***Second Layer ****
* 1/2 cup unsalted butter
* 2 tablespoons cream PLUS"PLUS" means this ingredient in addition to the one on the next line, often with divided uses
* 2 teaspoons cream
* 2 tablespoons vanilla custard powder
* 2 cups icing sugar
***Third Layer ***
* 4 squares semi-sweet chocolate (1 oz. each)
* 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
Melt first 3 ingredients in top of double boiler. Add egg and stir to cook and thicken. Remove from heat. Stir in crumbs, coconut, and nuts. Press firmly into an ungreased 8" x 8" pan.
Cream butter, cream, custard powder, and icing sugar together well. Beat until light. Spread over bottom layer.
Melt chocolate and butter overlow heat. Cool. Once cool, but still liquid, pour over second layer and chill in refrigerator.
This recipe for Nanaimo Bar (Official) serves/makes 24 bars.
The third layer looks easy enough (just have to find vegan semisweet chocolate squares)...but custard powder? Is there any way to get that vegan?
Also, the egg in the first layer...when I bake I put in cornstarch and a little extra liquid, but it seems like it wouldn't work on this recipe!