Zucchini Stuffed with Rice and Mushrooms
(preheat over to 350f (180c)
3 cups vegetable stock
1/2 cup wild rice
1 tsp vegetable oil
2 tsp minced garlic
3/4 chopped onions
2 cups sliced mushrooms
1 tsp dried basil
1/2 tsp dried oregano
3/4 cup prepared tomato pasta sauce
1. In small saucepan, bring stock to a boil; stir in rice, cover, reduce heat to low and cook 35 to 40 minutes or until rice is tender. Drain excess liquid.
2. Meanwhile, cut each zucchini in half lengthwise. In large pot of boiling water cook zucchinis for 4 minutes; drain. When cool enough to handle, carefully hollow out the pulp leaving the shell intact. Chop pulp and set aside. Put zucchini shells into the prepared baking dish.
3. In a large nonstick frying pan sprayed with vegetable spray (butter works just as well) heat oil over medium high heat. Add garlic and onions cook for 3 minutes or until soft. Stir in mushrooms, basil, and oregano; cook 5 minutes or until mushrooms turn brown. Stir in zucchini pulp; cook 2 minutes remove from heat.
4. Stir in cooked rice, tomatoe sauce into vegetable mixture. Stuff mixture evenly into the zucchini boats, mound the filling high. Cover dish tightly with foil.
5. Bake 15 minutes or until heated through.
And calories- 135
Protein- 6 g
fat in total- 2g
enjoy the recipy if any questions ask in the comment zone