- 1 TBS dried hijiki seaweed
- 3 cups cucumber, peeled, seeds scooped out and sliced
- 1 medium tomato, seeds and excess pulp removed, sliced
- 1 TBS minced scallion green or green onions
- 3 TBS rice vinegar
- 2 TBS soy sauce
- 1/2 TBS finely minced fresh ginger
- 1/2 TBS chopped fresh cilantro
- extra virgin olive oil to taste
- Salt and white pepper to taste
- Rinse and soak hijiki in warm water while preparing rest of ingredients.
- Peel cucumber and cut in half lengthwise. Scoop out seeds with a small spoon and slice thin.
- Cut tomato in half crosswise and squeeze out seeds. Quarter and cut out excess pulp. Cut into slices about ¼ inch wide.
- Whisk rest of ingredients together. Squeeze out excess water from seaweed. Chop if necessary. You don't want hijiki pieces to be too large. Toss everything together and serve immediately.
They have nutritional info for tons of fruits and veggies, as well as recipes.
Some are already vegan friendly, and others are just asking to be veganized =D