I have a thicket of fresh sage in my herb planter in the garden and no idea what to do with it. I've tried searching some online recipe sites to no real avail -- lots of recipes for stuffing and some side dishes. Does anyone know a good main meal dish that I could use it in? Preferably not something epic, a one-dish wonder would be good (maybe soup?).
Mods, your posting rules intimidate me, but I did have a search through the archives and couldn't find any recipes tagged by spice or herb, so I'm giving this a try!
Thanks in advance.
I got a food processor for my birthday! Yay! I'm now incredibly anxious to use it. Relevant recipes, please?
Tinga de Calabacitas - Recipe adapted from Rick Bayless's Mexican Kitchen
Nobody seems to post authentic Mexican so I thought I should start
2 canned chipotle chiles en adobo
2 roasted garlic cloves, peeled after roasted (roast on dry pan for about 10 minutes, flipping)
2 medium roasted tomatoes, peeled after roasted (roast in high broiler for about 10 min, flip)
4 medium zucchini, diced
1 medium white onion, diced
1/2 c rehydrated TVP seasoned with paprika, chili powder, cilantro/parsley, orgeno, cumin
1 tsp dried oregano
vegan cheese of your choice (parmesan or flaky white)
1. Mix tomato-chipotle sauce in small food processor
2. Brown zucchini in olive oil about 5-10 minutes - remove from pan
3. Sautee TVP-chorizo with the onion until TVP and onion brown (5-10 minutes)
4. Add tomato-chipotle sauce and oregano stir until sauce sears and thickens (about 5 minutes)
5. Add zucchini and heat through - top in bowl with cheese. (may be served w/ rice, tortillas...)