Looking for a vegan tomato bisque recipe! Or, at the very least, ideas on what to use instead of cups of cream....
i recently found a great 35% fruit muesli at the grocery store in the bulk bins.
however. i have no idea how to eat it... it has bran flakes in it so i assume i just pour soy milk on and eat it, but there are also oats and ive never eaten a cereal with oats in it.
so... muesli... eat it like a cold cereal or add hot water like oatmeal?
I love Stollen cake, and this is my first Vegan yule. I found this recipe on the internets:
75gm chopped almonds
1 pinch salt
10 drops of bitter almond oil/aroma
100gm candied lemon pieces (zitronat in german)
90gm fresh yeast
350gm vegan margarine
250ml soya milk
100gm vegan margarine
1. mix the flour, sugar, almonds, salt, bitteralmond aroma, sultanas and the lemon pieces together in a bowl
2. disolve the fresh yeast with the margarine in slightly heated soymilk.
3. now add this liquid mixture in with the above dry mix and knead the dough until well mixed. now leave it covered in a warm place for 1 hour.
4. after it has sat in the warm place, knead again. press into desired shape and leave for 30 minutes on a baking tray in a warmed oven.
5. then bake for 50-60 minutes at 190°C
for the frosting
6. directly after baking, cover with melted margarine and sprinkle powdered sugar over the top until it is covered.
Now, the recipe calls for plain flour. I'm about to buy a load of Quinoa flour, and I'm reluctant to risk using so much in an experiment; anybody used this grain in a cake before? Also, I assume it'll be fine to use Rice milk instead of Soya?
Some of my friends started a potluck a few months ago. The idea is, every other week, *whoever* gets together, watches a movie and brings a vegan dish related to the movie (eg: watch a french movie, bring french food). It's been awesome so far--we had a Xmen themed one, a breakfast one, etc.
At the last potluck, we were talking about what movie to watch for the next one, and *somehow* we decided to watch the movie Showgirls.
I am completely and utterly stumped. The only thing I can think of is boob-cupcakes, but I want to bring a maindish item.
It can even be a normal dish with a "showgirls" name. I haven't seen the movie in a few years, and for once, IMDb was not that helpful.
The have a few quotes related to brown-rice-and-veggies on there, but, thats not interesting for a potluck!
I'm looking for suggestions and/or recipes. Be clever for me :)