I made this the other day because I have a butt-load of zucchini growing in my backyard. I have to say, it turned out pretty yummy! It's super easy too. You can always play with the amounts of curry powder. When I made a second batch I even added a little red pepper flakes for extra spice!
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- sea salt to taste
- 4 or 5 small zucchini, peeled, halved lengthwise and cut into 1 inch slices
- 2 cups +\- water
- Heat the oil in a large pot. Stir in the onion, and season with curry powder and salt. Cook and stir until onion is tender. Stir in zucchini, and cook until tender. Pour in the water. Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 20 minutes.
- Remove soup from heat. Use a hand blender, or transfer in batches to a blender, and blend until almost smooth.