I had about 1/3 of a loaf of stale potato bread. I didn't want to throw it away, so I pulsed it in the food processor until it formed into coarse crumbs and created a recipe in which to use it.
- 1/2 c dried navy beans
- 1/2 c dried pinto beans
- 1/2 c dried great northern beans
- 1/2 c dried pink beans
- 5 c water
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 bouillon cubes
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp crushed rosemary
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt
- black pepper
- 2 c French bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Pressure cook the beans until done. Then place them in a pot with 5 cups of water.
- Add the oil, garlic, and bouillon cubes. Bring to a boil.
- Add rosemary, oregano, salt, and black pepper. Stir well, then lower heat and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add the bread crumbs and stir vigorously. Return to boil and then simmer for 10 more minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in lemon juice and serve.