OK, I found a recipe for chocolate mousse in the archives (LINK) but I realized that it isn't the same as my recipe. This is a recipe my father and I sort of made up after seeing multiple recipies that were similar to it, we sort of combined ideas. I just made a vegan version of it, which tastes better =P
- 16 oz. Firm Tofu (I use Silken brand)
- 6 oz. Chocolate Chips (I use Ghiradelli's Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips)
- Up to 4 oz. of your choice of sweetener (personally, I use sugar)
- Melt chocolate chips in a double boiler, stirring often. I highly recommend that you do NOT use anything other than a double boiler to melt the chocolate! Chocolate is very tempermental about being melted and can loose flavour if you say, put it in the microwave, etc.
- Drain the water from around the tofu in the container (you drain it because the mousse will "leak" a watery-icky-yuck later on if you don't drain it!) then put all of it into a food processor and process until smooth and creamy.
- Move the tofu to a bowl. With a rubber spatula, fold the melted chocolate into the tofu. Once the tofu and chocolate are a consistent colour, begin adding sugar/sweetener to taste (add about 1 tablespoon at a time).
- Refridgerate for at least 1 half hour before serving, freezing is not necessary.
***Note that the mousse will always have a tiny bitter chocolate "edge" to it, it won't taste like some sweet chocolates do. Therefore, if you're looking for a sticky-sweet-chocolatey-treat... this probably isn't the right recipe for it. =P
ENJOY!!! I know this recipe is simple, but it tastes so good! Use it on it's own, in a pie crust, or on top of another dessert! ;D Please let me know if you have any feedback. =)