2 16 oz cans whole peeled tomatoes
5 cloves garlic
1 1/2 white onions
salt and pepper
2 Tablespoons soy garden (or other vegan butter)
2 Tablespoons flour
3 cups soy creamer
2 small eggplants
2 zucchini or yellow squash
a big bag of spinch
1 package no boil lasagna noodles
1 package follow your heart vegan mozzarella
preheat your oven to 375 after the tomato sauce has simmered as long as you want.
1. sautee your spinch in a little olive oil
2. chop all your veggies and toss them with the spinch and some salt and pepper and toss em in the oven to roast. i baked them at 425 for about half an hour and then turned on the broil for an additional 5-10 minutes. i also stirred them up a bit a few times.
3. in a saucepan, cook your onions and garlic, and then add your carrots (chopped at some point obviously) and canned tomatoes. simmer for as long as you've got until dinner time. i simmered it for a couple hours, maybe more.
4. in another saucepan, make a roux with your vegan butter and flour, then pour in the soy creamer (you could also use soy milk of course but it won't be as deliciously and unhealthfully creamy tasting) and stir until you can see the bottom of the pan at times. this usually takes about ten to fifteen minutes i think. add half the vegan cheese when it's almost thickened and stir until it's all melted nicely.
5. layer: tomato sauce, pasta, vegetables, cream sauce, and when you get to the top (veggies ideally but it doesn't reaaaally matter) top it with the rest of the vegan cheese. cover it with tin foil and bake at 375 for 30 minutes, uncover and bake until the cheese is as melted as my vegan cheese ever ends up (which is sort of melted).
6. then try really hard to wait a few minutes before eating it ALL.
My father who eats meat daily was stealing it out of the pan. It was an amazing food experience, and you all should have it.