Chocolate Cake with Raspberry Sauce
Both chickpeas and mayonnaise keep this butter-less chocolate cake moist and nutritious.
1-1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 cups garbanzo beans (chickpeas) - cooked if fresh, drained if canned
1/2 cup egg substitute
1 cup sugar
3 tablespoons mayonnaise
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1. Place rack on middle level and pre-heat oven to 350 °F.
2. In a small bowl, melt chocolate in microwave oven on medium power for two minutes.
3. In food processor or blender, combine beans, eggs and egg substitute, blending on high for thirty seconds. Add chocolate, sugar, mayonnaise and baking powder and process until smooth.
4. Pour mixture into 9" heart-shaped non-stick baking pan or a round pan, baking for 45 minutes or until an inserted knife comes out clean.
5. Cool and dust with powdered sugar and serve with pureed and strained raspberry sauce and fresh raspberries as a garnish.
NUTRITION INFO (per serving)
Fat: 13.9 g
Carbohydrates: 62.0 g
Protein: 7.7 g