75gm chopped almonds
1 pinch salt
10 drops of bitter almond oil/aroma
100gm candied lemon pieces (zitronat in german)
90gm fresh yeast
350gm vegan margarine
250ml soya milk
100gm vegan margarine
1. mix the flour, sugar, almonds, salt, bitteralmond aroma, sultanas and the lemon pieces together in a bowl
2. disolve the fresh yeast with the margarine in slightly heated soymilk.
3. now add this liquid mixture in with the above dry mix and knead the dough until well mixed. now leave it covered in a warm place for 1 hour.
4. after it has sat in the warm place, knead again. press into desired shape and leave for 30 minutes on a baking tray in a warmed oven.
5. then bake for 50-60 minutes at 190°C
for the frosting
6. directly after baking, cover with melted margarine and sprinkle powdered sugar over the top until it is covered.
Now, the recipe calls for plain flour. I'm about to buy a load of Quinoa flour, and I'm reluctant to risk using so much in an experiment; anybody used this grain in a cake before? Also, I assume it'll be fine to use Rice milk instead of Soya?