330 mL flour
240 mL sugar
1 tsp baking powder
3 tsp lemon peel
1 Tbsp lemon juice
120 mL vegetable oil
240 mL cold water
360 mL icing sugar
120 mL earth balance
2 Tbsp lemon juice
180 mL icing sugar
Few Tbsp lemon juice
1. Mix flour, baking powder, sugar and lemon peel in bowl.
2. Add vegetable oil, lemon juice, followed by cold water.
3. Beat with whisk or electric mixer.
4. Pour into two round baking trays for about 20 minutes at 400F
5. Sandwich the cakes with Buttercreme Frosting and glaze the Icing over the top
Personal Advice: If you don't want extra Buttercreme Frosting (like myself), halve the amount of butter (about half a stick of earth balance) and then add lemon juice and icing sugar until it's of frosting consistency.