Quantities for 2 servings
200 g spaghetti or bucatini
2 small onions, chopped really thin
30 pine nuts
30 sultanas, soaked in warm water for at least 15 minutes (preferably 1/2 hour)
5 capers, chopped small (these are easy enough to count)
2 dried chillies
extra virgin olive oil
salt to taste
1. Boil water for pasta. Use a bit more salt than you normally would.
2. While the water heats up, fry the onions, capers and chillies in a little olive oil on medium heat until the onions are soft.
3. When the water boils, throw in the pasta.
4. When the onions are soft, add the sultanas and pine nuts. You can also add a bit of salt.
5. Drain the pasta, add the sauce, mix well and serve.
 This is how you tell I got this recipe from my father. "How many pine nuts, dad?" "30." A small handful will do, you don't actually need to count them. He doesn't either, really.
 As above, but note that given the different size of the ingredients 30 sultanas is more like 1-1/2 or 2 small handfuls.