* 1 1/2 cups chopped fresh rhubarb (1/2-inch pieces)
* 1/2 cup veggie broth or water
* 2 tablespoons sugar (I used 1 tablespoon)
* 1 tablespoon agave nectar
* 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
* 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
* red food coloring (I left this out)
* 4 (3/4 inch thick) tofu "steaks", drained and pressed (I marinated my tofu in olive oil, balsamic vinegar, sage, thyme, basil, and a little water overnight)
* 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
* salt and pepper to taste
1. In a saucepan, combine the rhubarb, broth, sugar and honey; cook over medium heat until rhubarb is tender. Stir in the cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and food coloring if desired.
2. In a large skillet, brown tofu in oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Pour rhubarb mixture over the chops. Cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until tofu is browned and the sauce is reduced by a third.