I picked things I thought said "Fall" to me, since it IS right around the corner!
Sorry it's a little late, I uh, got carried away making dinner. :'3
Mellow Yellow Cake
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Baking Time: 20 minutes <-modified for cupcake time; if making as a cake, bake for 50.
11/4 cups maple syrup
3/4 cup soy margarine (and/or vegetable margarine)
4 1/2 cups flour
11/2 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 1/2 cups soy milk, rice milk, or non-dairy milk of coice
1 tablespoon vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 350. Line cupcake pan with wrappers.
2. Allow margarine to soften to room temperature, don't melt. Place margarine in bowl and cream. Slowly add maple syrup and beat until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and mix. In another bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt and mix to combine. Alternately: add flour mixture and soy milk to maple/margarine mixture and stir well.
3. Pour into your cups! Bake for approximately 20 minutes, or until toothpick comes clean!
P is for Pumpkin Cake
Prep: 15 minutes
Baking: 35 minutes <-adjusted for cupcakes, if just a cake, go for 80!
11/2 cups unbleached white flour
11/2 cups whole wheat flour
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups maple syrup
1 can (15 ounces) pure pureed pumpkin
4 teaspoons flax powder
3/4 cup water
1/2 cup canola oil
1/2 cup applesauce
1. Preheat oven to 350. Coat the pan and the wrappers, this guy's pretty moist.
2. Combine flours, innamon, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. Combine maple syrup, pumpkin, oil, and applesauce in another bowl. In a small bowl, combine flax powder and water. Add to liquid ingredients and combine. Slowly add flour mixture to liquid ingredients. Mix only to combine.
3. Pour batter into prepared cups. Bake until cake tester comes out clean. :3!
Maple Cocoa Frosting
1/2 cup maple syrup
1 cup cocoa
1/3 cup whipped tofu
1. Place tofu in food processor and blend until smooth.
2. Add maple syrup an dcocoa and continue blending until mixture is smooth and creamy.
Whipped Cream Cheese Frosting
6 ounces firm silken tofu
12 ounces soy cream cheese
1 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup unbleached white flour or 2 teaspoons xanthan gum* (she says this is optional, I'm saying skip the xanthan gum it's GROSS and dubious to have in one's kitchen imho...)
1. Put everything in a food processor and blend until smooth.
2. If possible, make overnight and refrigerate so frosting can set.