Here's a small, easy to make pasta that we threw together this evening.
The ingredients are: equal parts chopped tomato, mushroom, squash, quartered artichoke hearts and sliced red pepper (which we were lacking), a few sliced olives, ¼ of an onion, the juice from ½ a lemon or lime, 1 and ½ teaspoons of basil, half a teaspoon of crushed chili peppers, 3 cloves of garlic, some olive oil, a few sprigs of cilantro, some truffle oil and some white wine (ideally, we had to use some balsamic). Oh, and some lemon-pepper linguine.
What to do:
1) Cook the pasta to al dente, strain and run some cold water over it.
2) Combine the garlic, onion, mushrooms, crushed chilis and some olive oil, cook at a medium heat for about 4 or 5 minutes.
3) Add in the artichoke hearts, olives, sliced peppers, wine and basil, continue frying for about 3 or 4 minutes.
4) Toss in the squash and tomato, cook for another 3 or 4 minutes.
5) In goes the pasta, fry on a higher heat for 2 or 3 minutes, add in the lemon juice, some salt and ground black pepper.
6) Serve with cilantro garnish and drizzled truffle oil. Sprinkle some ground basil, ground pepper and ground chilies over top for presentation maybe.