Good hot over rice or cold - I brought this to a gathering of ladies with Original flavor Sun Chips, called it black bean dip, and all the ladies loved it. It tastes so fresh and good. It's even better the next day.
* 1 can black beans, rinsed
* 1 large onion, chopped
* 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
* 6 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
* 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
* 1 can diced tomatoes
* 1 (4 ounce) jar diced pimentos, drained
* 1 tablespoon vinegar
* 2 teaspoons salt
* 1 teaspoon sugar substitute
* 1 teaspoon black pepper
1. Saute onion, garlic, green bell pepper until tender.
2. Stir the rinsed black beans, pimentos, diced tomatoes, tomato paste, and vinegar.
3. Season to taste with salt, sugar, pepper and add cumin if it pleases you.
4. Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes stirring occasionally.