i have a recipe for minestrone soup that turned out so fabulous, i thought i would post it on here after making it the other day. thanks everyone! and i'm new to being vegan so forgive me if i'm not 100% on my vegan terms and foods quite yet. : )
(sorry, no pictures either. with 3 people in the apartment, it went fast!)
Garden Minestrone Soup
3 tbsp. olive oil
1 c. minced onion (white, yellow)
1/2 c. chopped zucchini (i put a lot more in it)
1/2 c. italian green beans (i used frozen)
1/4 c. chopped celery
4 tsp. minced garlic (about 4 cloves)
4 c. vegetable broth
2 (15 ounce) cans kidney beans
2 (15 ounce) cans sm. white beans (your choice, i used a Goya brand)
1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
1/2 c. carrots, diced or shredded (i used a lot more of this too!)
2 tbsp. fresh parsley
1 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper (i put a lot more in as well)
1/2 tsp. dried basil
1/4 tsp. dried thyme
3 c. hot water
4 c. fresh baby spinach
1/2 c. small shell pasta (the spinach and pasta i put out separately otherwise if it sits for a day or two in the fridge it gets kinda nasty)
1. heat the olive oil over medium heat in a lg. soup pot.
2. cook onion, celery, garlic, green beans and zucchini in the oil for 5 minutes or until onions begin to turn translucent.
3. add veg. broth to pot, plus drained tomatoes, beans, carrots, hot water and spices.
4. bring soup to a boil, then reduce heat and allow to simmer for 20 minutes.
5. bring another pot of water to a boil to cook sm. shell pasta. drain and set aside.
6. lay out the spinach and pasta, eat the soup and enjoy!