based on http://www.recipezaar.com/27809
Some olive oil
Large eggplants cut into 1/2 " cubes
1 red pepper, chopped
1 16 oz can fire-roasted tomatoes with chiles
8 oz veg broth
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 small onions minced
1 teaspoon chili powder, more if desired
1. Combine all ingredients in a skillet.
2. simmer gently until eggplant is tender (this took a while--a good half hour)
3. Can be done ahead and reheated in microwave.
based on http://www.recipezaar.com/37638
1 cup uncooked rice (I used brown rice)
1 medium onion, chopped
1 TBSP vegetable oil (I used olive oil)
2 1/2 cups water
1 (8 ounce) can tomato paste
1 small green bell pepper, chopped
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 clove garlic, minced
1. In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat.
2. Add rice and onion and cook (about 5-10 minutes) stirring occasionally, until rice is golden brown and onion is tender.
3. Stir in remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
4. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until rice is tender.(It took quite a while for the rice to cook).