I was wondering what method any of you use for replacing eggs and egg
yolks in yeast bread recipes. Specifically the one here.
Mind-Blowing Hamburger Buns
1 Cup (250g) Water, lukewarm
2 Tbs (30g) Unsalted butter, at room temperature and creamed
1 Egg (~50g)
3 1/4 Cups (433g) Plain white flour
1/4 Cup (53g) Castor sugar
1 Tsp Salt
1 Tbs Instant yeast
1 Egg yolk (+ 1 Tsp water)
1. Sprinkle the yeast into the water and leave for 5 minutes. Stir to
2. Combine all the ingredients and mix well.
3. Turn the dough out on to a lightly floured working surface and knead
for about 10 minutes until you've made a soft, smooth dough.
4. Place the dough in a clean and lightly greased bowl.
5. Cover it with a towel and let rise for about 1 (or1-1/2) hour, until
doubled in size.
6. Divide the dough into 8 pieces and shape each piece into a flattened
7. Place the buns on greased baking sheets, cover with a towel and let
rise 30 to 40 minutes, until they're quite puffy and doubled in size.
8. Preheat the oven to 190°C (375°F).
9, Glaze the buns with the egg yolk and water mixture, then sprinkle
with sesame seeds.
10. Bake the buns for 12 to 15 minutes, until they are golden brown.
11. Remove them from the oven and cool them on a wire rack.
Thanks in advance!
(Sorry for all the mistakes and thanks for the patient corrections!)