Clockwise from lower right:
- Your Basic Chocolate Cupcake, with Rich Chocolate Ganache Topping, garnished with white chocolate chips (vegan)
- Carrot Cake Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting, garnished with raisins
- Hazelnut Cupcakes with Mocha Hazelnut Mousse Filling, garnished with toasted chopped hazelnuts
- The hazelnut cupcake recipe has an error, calling for hazelnut oil in step 2 but not listing the amount in the ingredients. We simply omitted it, and didn't miss it.
- We toasted the hazelnuts after chopping in a dry pan on the stove, and also without trying to remove skins.
- The cream cheese frosting is very buttery; substituting more cream cheese and a little less margarine would probably work a little better.
- Leftover ganache goes well on strawberries.