1 cup plain flour
1 cup rolled oats
1 cup desiccated coconut (if you don't like coconut, this can easily be omitted)
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup vegan margarine
2 tbsp golden syrup (be generous with this, I put in about 3 tbsp because I looooove golden syrup and I like my biscuits chewy)
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
2 tbsp boiling water
1) Combine the flour, oats, coconut and sugar in a bowl.
2) Melt the butter and Golden Syrup in a saucepan over a low heat
3) Mix the bicarbonate of soda with the water and add to the margarine and Golden Syrup
4) Pour the liquids into the dry ingredients and mix well
5) Spoon dollops of mixture onto a greased tin leaving as much space again between dollops to allow for spreading
6) Bake in a moderate oven, 180C / 350F, for 15-20 minutes
7) Cool on a wire rack and seal in airtight containers
So traditional and yummy, my favourite biscuit :) Enjoy!