1 cup spelt flour
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 cup unrefined sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup non-dairy milk of your choice
1/2 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup safflower oil
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp almond extract
2 tbsp non-dairy chocolate chips
2 1/4 cups non-dairy chocolate chips
1 cup plus 2 tbsp non-dairy milk of your choice
1/2 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
1-2 tsp kuzu
1 1/4 blocks (20 oz.) silken tofu
1/4 cup maple syrup
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp almond extract
1. To prepare pie crust, preheat the oven to 325.
2. In a large mixing bowl, mix together the flour , cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder, and baking soda. In another bowl, combine the non-dairy milk, maple syrup, oil, 1/2 cup of water and the vanilla and almond extracts. Add the wet ingredients to the flour mixture and stir well to combine. pour the mixture into a baking pan and bake for 35 minutes. Let cool in the refrigerator for about half an hour.
3. Crumble the baked dough ad press the crust crumbs into a 9-inch pie plate. Sprinkle the crust with the 2 tbsp of chocolate chips.
4. To prepare the mousse filling, place the chocolate chips, 1 cup of non-dairy milk, and the cocoa powder in a bowl. Dissolve the kuzu in the remaining 2 tbsp of milk, and add to the mixture. Place the mixture in a double boiler and heat over simmering water on a medium heat until melted, stirring occasionally. Transfer to a mixing bowl, and let cool slightly.
5. Place the tofu in a blender/food processor and blend until smooth. Add the maple syrup and vanilla and almond extracts and blend again. Fold into the chocolate mixture until well blended.
6. Pour the chocolate mixture into the pie crust, and chill at least two hours or overnight before serving.