Lime Meltaways (Adapted from Martha Stewart online recipe)
(Makes about 5 dozen)
* 12 tablespoons (1 1/2 sticks) vegan margarine
* 1 cup confectioners' sugar
* Grated zest of 2 limes
* 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
* 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
* 1 3/4 cups , plus 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
* 2 tablespoons cornstarch
1. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, cream butter and 1/3 cup sugar until fluffy. Add lime zest, juice, and vanilla; beat until fluffy.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cornstarch, and salt. Add to butter mixture, and beat on low speed until combined.
3. Between two 8-by-12-inch pieces of parchment paper, roll dough into two 1 1/4-inch-diameter logs. Chill at least 1 hour.
4. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment. Place remaining 2/3 cup sugar in a resealable plastic bag. Remove parchment from logs; slice dough into 1/4-inch-thick rounds. Place rounds on baking sheets, spaced 1 inch apart.
5. Bake cookies until barely golden, about 15 minutes. Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool slightly, 8 to 10 minutes. While still warm, place cookies in the sugar-filled bag; toss to coat. Bake or freeze remaining dough. Store baked cookies in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
Mods, I don't have my glasses on, but I read the guidelines twice and didn't see that it was required to post the recipe, you might want to add that (unless it is just my poor eyesight that fails me).