I joined this community a while ago, and boy am I glad that I did! I'm a vegetarian but have been trying to go vegan (damn my love of real cheese). I found a cooking DVD at my local library called Vegan Cooking for Animal Lovers: Cooking with the Hardcore Chef. One of the recipes that intrigued me -- once I got past my annoyance of the guy himself -- was for seitan stroganoff.
There are a few seitan recipes already posted to this community, so I'd recommend using one of them. My only advice is to watch it on the Tamari/Braggs.
For the stroganoff:
- In one pan, boil noodles (half bag)
- While noodles are cooking, fry already prepared seitan in Natural Balance until crispy (about 15 minutes)
- In yet another pan sautee 1 large diced yellow onion and about a pound of fresh mushrooms in Natural Balance
- To the onions and mushrooms, add 1 tsp of salt
- Add 2 cups of water
- Add 2 tbs fake beef buillion base
- Add seitan when crispy
- Add 1 cup Tofutti sour cream
- Add 1 bag frozen/defrosted peas
- Add noodles when cooked
Simmer, covered, for 25 minutes