I made this last night and it turned out so awesome!! It's from Fat Free Vegan. It works awesome as leftovers, I think it tasted even better for breakfast this morning.
1 large bell pepper, chopped
1/2 jalepeno pepper, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 large onion, chopped
1 pack whole grain tortillas
1 can low-fat refried beans
1 tomato, diced
1 tsp chili powder, divided
1/2 tsp cumin, divided
1 can low sodium black beans
1 cup salsa
1 can enchilada sauce
sliced black olives (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 375 F.
2. In a non-stick pan with a little water (1 tbsp), saute the peppers, garlic and onion for about 3 minutes, or until softened. Set aside.
3. Line the bottom of a casserole dish with a layer of tortillas.
4. Stir the refried beans and spread half of them evenly over the tortillas. Cover the refried beans with half the pepper-onion mixture and half the tomatoes, sprinkle with half the seasonings and top with half the black beans.
5. Add another layer of tortillas and repeat the layers of the other ingredients. Spread the cup of salsa over the final layer of black beans. Cover with a final layers of tortillas, pour the enchilada sauce over the top and sprinkle with the olives.
6. Cover and bake for about 30 minutes or until hot throughout. It will be easier to cut if you allow 10 minutes to cool.