This recipe would probably work better with a pie pumpkin (the smaller rounder ones) than with a jack o' lantern one but that is alas all I had. Since all I had was a large pumpkin, I ended up with a lot of pumpkin! I actually made about 50 rolled tacos! I will modify the recipe slightly for a smaller pumpkin.
1 cooked pie pumpkin
1 medium onion chopped
2-3 cloves of garlic chopped
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 - 1 chipotle diced with sauce (add more if you like it hot and smokey!)
20-30 corn tortillas
1. Saute onion and garlic in a cooking pot with some olive oil (or whatever oil you have on hand). Add cooked pumpkin.
2. Mix in the spices and chipotle with sauce
3. Cook for a few minutes. If you want to really intensify the flavors, add a cup of water and let it cook off.
4. Steam tortillas (I would only do about 7 at a time). I usually wet a few paper towels and wrap the tortillas in them the put them on a plate and place another plate on top and put them in the microwave for about a minute and a half.
4. Take out tortillas and put about a tablespoon of the filling in a tortilla and roll and place in a casserole dish.
5. After filled all your tortillas, place the filled casserole dish into the freezer for at least 15 minutes or until you are going to use them.
6. Fill a skillet with enough canola oil to adequately fry the rolled taco and heat.
7. Take rolled tacos out of the freezer and put 3-4 rolled tacos into the skillet. Cook for 2 minutes then flip and cook 1-2 minutes. When place on paper towel to drain excess oil.
8. Let cool for a few minutes and serve with guac, tofutti sour cream, salsa or whatever else you want!