Recipe from Vegetarian Times - April 2009 Issue - p.49
1 cup whole blanched almonds (I only had blanched slivered almonds, and it worked out fine.)
1/4 cup lemon juice
3 tablespoons plus 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
1 clove garlic, peeled
1 1/4 tsp. salt
1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
1 tsp. fresh rosemary leaves
1. Place almonds in medium bowl, and cover with 3 inches cold water. Let soak for 24 hours. Drain soaking liquid, rinse almonds under cold water, and drain again.
2. Puree almonds, lemon juice, 3 tablespoons olive oil, garlic, salt, and 1/2 cup cold water in a food processor 6 minutes, or until very smooth and creamy.
3. Place large strainer over bowl and cover with three layers of cheesecloth. Spoon almond mixture into cheesecloth. Bring corners and sides of cloth together, and twist around cheese, forming into orange-size ball and squeezing to help extract moisture. Secure with rubber band or kitchen twine. Chill 12 hours or overnight. Discard excess liquid.
4. Preheat oven to 200 degrees fahrenheit. Place unwrapped ball of cheese on a non-stick cookie sheet and bake for about 40 mins or until top is slightly firm. Cool, then chill.
5. Combine remaining 1/4 cup olive oil, thyme, and rosemary in a small saucepan. Warm until very hot but not simmering. Cool to room temperature. Drizzle herb oil over cheese just before serving.